My favorite erotic stories are ones with heart. I don’t necessarily mean romantic hearts and flowers, I mean stories which offer something beyond sex, something beyond Tab X into Slot Y. You could say my favorite erotic stories are stories first, and erotic second. Call me old school.
My top ten stories listed here are all short stories published in multi-author anthologies. I’m a lover of the short story, both to read and to write, and while I’ve read some wonderful longer works this year, I’m sticking with shorts for my choices. I’m picking single stories though, as most of the anthologies are ones in which I too have a story.
Again, this list is in no particular order. Links go to the anthology.
Need a last minute holiday gift? All of these are available as ebooks. All
- “Canvas” by Renee Roberts from “Down and Dirty: 69 Super Sexy Short-Shorts” edited by Alison Tyler. The narrator yearns for the inked dom behind the bar. And she gets her in a flickering reality of skin and ink and words laid as precisely as tattoos on virgin skin.
- “Making Myself at Home” by Jeremy Edwards from The Mammoth Book of Quick & Dirty Erotica edited by Maxim Jakubowski. A layered tale about watching and being watched.
- “Midnight Clear” by Laila Blake from “A Christmas to Remember: Five Festive Tales of Lesbian Lust” put out by Ladylit. Naked scampering in the snow, and a poignant tale of warmth and friendship and something more.
- “Foxy and the Ridiculous Lesbian Orgy” by Allison Moon from “Wild Girls, Wild Nights: True Lesbian Sex Stories” edited by Sacchi Green. A highly original set up and a fantastic romp of a tale.
- “What I Want, What I Need” by Jacqueline Applebee from “Twice the Pleasure: Bisexual Women’s Erotica” edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel. A wonderfully fluid tale about a lesbian getting over a breakup.
- “Come to the Light” by Maria See from “Sudden Sex: 69 Sultry Short Stories” edited by Alison Tyler. A butch with DDD breasts. I loved this subtle little story, and how it throws aside stereotypes.
- “The History of Her Tongue” by Shaun Levin also from The Mammoth Book of Quick & Dirty Erotica edited by Maxim Jakubowski. Literary erotica as it used to be. Truly stunning. If I had to pick one story as my favorite, it would be this one.
- “One More Transformation” by Nobilis Reed from “Coming Together: In Vein edited by Lisabet Sarai. Highly original (and hot) vampire story.
- “Sgt. Rae” by Sacchi Green from Best Lesbian Romance 2013 edited by Radclyffe. A powerful story of love and memory between military women.
- “Tripartite” by Georgia E Jones from “Sudden Sex: 69 Sultry Short Stories” edited by Alison Tyler. This atmospheric story is about that most delicious of scenarios: friends into lovers.